Sunday, March 25, 2018

Happiness is.........

.....the clocks going forward and a morning playing with the gelli plate.

Yes my body clock will now be in tune with the mechanical one and I wish they would stay this way.

I found two gelli plate demonstrations which had my fingers itching.  The first one is fascinating but very tricky. It was on the Gelli Arts blog. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Af7CJlcuXV4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I only managed to get one of the many images I tried to work but oh the joy when it did.
The original image is on the left and that came out pretty cool I thought. I loved the resist image .These are just placed the way they went into the scanner but I might just use them this way. I am now on the look out for magazines which I think might work.
The next one I found was quite tricky too because to the problem I have with revers images i.e. I just get in a muddle.
This one was called Gelli plate Monoprint Cityscapes by Janelle Nichol. This one involves waiting which is also one of my failings.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/ehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AO19GM19Zs&t=63smbed/0AO19GM19Zs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is my one of my own photographs of Whitehall in London.
and this is my attempt.
as you can see it is the WRONG WAY ROUND but as a print I really like the colours and the texture.  I will troll my photos and try again.
Super morning which and also had as a bonus these prints when I gave my plate a bit of a clean.



No comments: