Sunday, January 29, 2017

Lady in waiting........

......that's me this week.  Fingers crossed, tomorrow I will be having a long awaited gall bladder operation.   I have been trying to anticipate all the things that I won't be able to do for a couple of weeks like bend stretch and lift. Somehow I haven't managed to do quite the amount of de-cluttering  that I promised myself I would do but then embroidery, paint play and a trip out with a friend are so much more appealing don't you think?

Week four already of the 1 Year of Stitches challenge and my piece has taken an even more nostalgic trip.

Hopefully anyone who has ever visited Barrow in Furness will recognise the crane from the shipyard. On the way to Barrow the road passes the Dolly Blue Works. Forgive me if I have told you about them before. The road now by passes the factory which is has become a residential complex but one of the delights of my childhood was to  to drive past the factory with its blue walls in the hope of spotting a blue man.  The men wore blue overalls and their skin would be covered in the powder as was everthing around. Oh the excitment if we saw one.  There is an good piece about the factory here,
 The trip was to Rochester, it was freezing cold and foggy but a lovely brisk mooch round the galleries and shops.
Today it reached 9 deg c. and after last week felt like Spring so the garden had a quick tidy and the apple tree had a hair cut before I have to put my feet up.   Lovely to see the white of the snowdrops just beginning to show and the hellebores pushing through. Daylight lasting a little longer too. Hurrah.

I am going to cover the paint play in a separate post becauser I need to link it.

No comments: