Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Mind blowing....

I have always had trouble with mirror imaging, as in trying to transfer a design.  Imagine my poor little mind when we went to the Dulwich Picture Gallery for an exhibition  of the work of  M.C.Escher
I am sure you are familiar with his works as I was, we even had a jigsaw puzzle once which nearly drove us crazy, but seeing them up close and the realisation that the woodcuts and lithographs were all worked in REVERSE had  my mind reeling.   An unforgettable exhibition. With all the intricacies of his later work I think this White Cat was my favourite.  So much detail in its simplicity.

This was pinned from his Gallery here
It was quite a dull day but the Autumn colours still shone through.



 I fancied a meerkat hiding in this tree but perhaps my mind was still twirling.

No comments: