Sunday, July 12, 2015

Perfect day........

.....glorious weather, good friends, a favourite place and a warm and generous tutor.  What could be better.
Yesterday we took ourselves to Sew Not Strawberry Jam.  I may be repeating myself but this is one of my most favourite places on this earth,
and yesterday inside this was waiting for us.
A magical day with Christine Kelly who has a beautiful blog called Gentlework 
 And that is what we did, Christine suggested creating a place which could house a keepsake, though we were free to make anything with inspiration from her lovely pieces and if we wished using her generous supply of old quilts, vintage linens, lace and threads.
Here are just a few of the delights



Beautiful, thoughtful pieces drawing on nature and her own inner feelings.

This is my own effort,
The napkin belonged to my mother and I  am using this to make a home for my father's RAF cap badge.   Since I took this is has undergone a tea bath, this is the inside.
A long way to go, I think.

We were able to take a sneaky peak at the latest of SNSJ glamping vehicles. The horse box, you can see the Shepherd's Hut in the background.


The geese at SNSJ are another delight and this one decided to cool off, 
and this one is for you Seth
Thanks Sam, Christine and "The Girls" for a super day.

No comments: