Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Wk 18

Documented life challenge was "add an inspiring quote to guide you".  Help.......there are so many quotes, my mother was a great one for sayings, "Why?" "Because there's railings round the park" was one that springs to mind.  so this is what my spinning mind came up with.
I had to do it twice as I forgot that the pens I was working with were water soluble and washed the whole lot away trying a fancy background.
The quote I should have used my friend informs me was "a swarm in May is worth a load of hay" as on Monday a swarm of bees tried to make our garden rubbish bin their home.  My husband distrurbed them and they were not pleased. Now we do as much as we can to attract bees to our garden but this was a few too many. Half the swarm found their way into the green house
They eventually settled back in the dustbin

 We are so grateful to the young man from the British Bee Keepers Association who came to give them a new home. (wish I'd asked for a photo of him in his bee keepers gear). 
I spent most of my time last week making a book to hold some of the photographs from the Boro exhibition.
Boro style, of course.


I also adjusted my first page for the Sara Lechner challenge.
Additions to page 1. Side added as per Sara's suggestion and beads and a little embroidery.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Love your quote circle and the boro book, have you transferred your photos on to cloth?
I took loads of photos at this exhibition but they all were really brown, I couldn't understand why when I was taking them and only discovered when I got back that I had the camera on the wrong setting.