Friday, April 25, 2014

More Boro.......

First I must correct an omission in my last post.  When I was at the exhibition on Tuesday I was delighted to meet Caroline Moore from Made by Caroline. She has posted pictures of the exhibition, guess who that is taking photographs. Caroline has a beautiful piece that she is working and her blog is well worth exploring.  I couldn't resist, I had to go back to the exhibition at Somerset House which ends tomorrow. This time I went with my daughter who loved it too. This was her favourite piece

amd this is one of mine (I wanted them all)
This is a side view giving and idea of the mounting.
This kimono(the only one) shows wear  where it has worn presumably from things being carried on the back.


I wondered what joy this little fragment of pattern would have given.
A magical piece of darning.

I leave the rest to speak for themselves.





Wonderful.

 

3 comments:

sharon young said...

Wonderful pics, Pat, thanks so much for sharing them with us.

Clare Wassermann said...

Wow it looks wonderful and I can only begin to imagine the texture

Pearl@GreatCottages said...

So sorry to have missed this, I didn't know it was on. Thanks for sharing the super photos - inspired.