Friday, November 15, 2013

Q...

is the latest letter in the Craft Barn Alphabet challenge.   I chose Quartette,  my dictionary tells me it is anything in fours so at first I was thinking of dividing the page and filling it with the seasons, suits of cards, that sort of thing but then there was the musical connection.  I looked in my Dover Desk Gallery of clip art, I was now thinking silhouettes.(this blog is called altering thoug
hts!), at first I was looking for musicians and then I found this and given the season I thought it perfect.
I cut a mask with the intention of stencilling the image, I liked this one but as you can see I had trouble with working out which way round the stencil should go and  when I tried it the "right" way round I couldn't re-create the textures.
 After ten rejects  I decided to use the mask itself which by then was nicely coated in paint.
Here it is with word tag.
Only three letters left now.

11 comments:

Elaine said...

Loving your page - it looks like a queue of choir singers too! I think everyone does better when the choice is so restricted!!

Margaret said...

Love this little scene -- with the pooch howling: undoubtedly he's the tenor! ;-)

paulaexuk said...

This is fabulous, and you made your own stencil too. Both versions have appeal. Well done.

Unknown said...

Hi Pat, brilliantly done! Love the warm colours in the background and that silhouette came out beautifully! Have a great weekend, hugs Frea

sharon young said...

I love it, Pat, it works it so well and would make a lovely Christmas card.

buterfliecrafter said...

Lovely textures in the top picture. Is it created with a gelli plate?

Annie said...

Oh, I so love your quartet page! Sometimes things don't work out right for a good reason. Your mask looks awesome!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So fantastic, love the singing people and the colors.

Maggie said...

Lovely pages and great images for your chosen word.

MaggieH

Lesley said...

Great word choice and lovely images! xx

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. Beautiful colours, and love the little scores in their hands.
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn.
Winners and new challenges will now be posted on our new blog: http://www.thecraftbarn.co.uk/blog/
Izzy