Thursday, June 06, 2013

Lakeland....

Many people know of Windermere and Coniston lakes but to the west there are some lakes which don't attract quite so much traffic.  This time we went to Wastwater which is the deepest lake in England, the mountain falls into the lake and just keeps on going.  It is a place which alters character with the weather, which can happen within  minutes, when we visited the clouds were down over Scafell (England's highest mountain) but beautiful I think you will agree.
 

These are the screes, I am told that sometimes you can actually see the rocks falling into the lake.


2 comments:

Margaret said...

Visited Coniston Water in 1992 with my husband and children and good friends from York. Thanks for the memories -- and for sharing photos of what we missed!

Anna said...

Love these photos, one of my favourite lakes. I always go to the west as my mother's family came from this area. My grandfather's brother farmed at the head of this lake.