Tuesday, April 09, 2013

More Gelli ,,,,

yes I know.....

I was thinking patchwork, crazy patchwork to be exact and then I thought what if I take some gelli prints and cut them as you would for starting a quilt. I took five prints and trimmed them to size.  I am sorry there are no step by steps, it all came together too quickly. Then I clipped them together and drew wavy lines on the back and then cut along these lines  so I have five piles of five. Then I took one from each layer and glued them to another sheet. These are the ones I liked best.

They are approx 10" x 7"
What I didn't realise until I started to play with the ones that I wasn't to pleased with as that of course this made then the perfect size to make ATC's.  As I looked at the pieces I'd cut I began to see little pictures.
So with a little help from water soluble crayons and a few judicious lines these emerged.



3 comments:

Margaret said...

Aren't 'accidental landscapes' fun? Once you've fused/stitched/whatever, you can mat for framing without even worrying much about finishing the edges...

Itaya Art said...

I love these little landscapes! Very lovely. I'm in the process of working on some artwork from my Gelli prints as well. Isn't it so much fun to see what starts peeking through all the layers? :)

Stitchety Grub said...

Awww - haven't made any ATC's for quite a while - love these fab stuff :D
Britt in Aus