Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Big Road Trip, Delaware...

this week. I have never been there so no personal memories.   The first thing that came to mind was the Perry Como song, which I have had on the brain ever since. Who remembers that one?
Then of course there is Washington Crossing the Delaware.  
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/Washington_Crossing_the_Delaware_by_Emanuel_Leutze%2C_MMA-NYC%2C_1851.jpg/640px-Washington_Crossing_the_Delaware_by_Emanuel_Leutze%2C_MMA-NYC%2C_1851.jpg
There is a fascinating piece here as to how artistic license was given free reign with this subject.
Delaware is known as the First State and is famous for it's peaches. Peach blossom is the state flower.
The last piece of knowledge I added to my rag bag mind was the American Bald Eagle can be found in the upper Delaware River valley.
File:2010-bald-eagle-kodiak.jpg
 I am afraid I haven't had any artistic inspiration on this visit but I have enjoyed looking around.












No comments: