Tuesday, February 19, 2013

C is for

catching up and Cottenham and canival.

Sunday we enjoyed at sunny drive to Cottenham near Cambridge for the Textiles in Focus exhibition.  We have never been before but it is definitely on the calendar for next year. We were not allowed to take photographs but there are a few on Lynda Monk's site as she was one of the exhibitor/tutor/demonstrators. It was lovely to catch up with Lynda and also to meet Julie of  Mixed Media. There was some exciting work on show and some interesting traders. I had a full loyalty card for Art Van Go  and I managed to spend it four times over.

Here is my C page for my Craft Barn Alpha Challenge, 

Still tweaking page.  Sill not happy. Should have left well alone.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I've been having a lovely catch up on your blog Pat. Thank you so much for saying hello on Sunday at TIF. It was lovely to meet you and Maureen. The show was great wasn't it? I like that it's a manageable size and there was some beautiful work there.

Your Gelli prints are looking great, I have a plate too but havn't got round to playing with it much. I don't know where the time goes! I read your tip for using plastic food bags to make a resist for the Gelli plate. It makes lovely marks, I may have to try it myself. I went back and saw your Space piece, it is beautiful! Jude Hill is an amazing inspiration isn't she?