Sunday, September 12, 2010

Holiday of a lifetime........

that is the only way to describe it.  Because our daughter is presently working on a cruise ship I stifled my dislike of water and we joined the Seabourn Odyssey  in Istanbul for two weeks of sheer heaven. One of the reasons for my prolonged silence is that I was so terrified that we wouldn't be able to get there because of the possibility of a strike at the airports I couldn't think of anything else.. Happily all my worry was for nothing .  I promise not to show you all of the 1762 photographs I  took but here are just a few to give you a taster 
The Odyssey in Kotor, Croatia
Our suite

and just one of the stunning places we visited.

This is Oia on Santorini, a dream of mine for many years which didn't disappoint.  I have pictures of our favourites,   peeling paint  and rust but for now back to the washing!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

More pictures...pleeease.

verobirdie said...

Pat, I had to smile when I read the part about strikes or something else preventing you to go to your cruise. I know the feeling so well!
Glad everything went well and you were able to enjoy these landscapes.
I too want to see the pictures!

Margaret said...

Oh....looks just like a wee bit of heaven... Glad all went well and you had a great time. :-)

Purple Missus said...

So pleased you had such an amazing time. More photos please - all 1762 of them, especially the rust and peeling paint ones. :))