Saturday, March 13, 2010

Snow cloth finished.

When I was wondering how to proceed,  Jude gave me the advice to "let it do", such advice is precious and I tried to follow it.  I outlined the the main areas of colour and then I started to fill them in just as I would when doodling.  As I worked I realised that there were even more subtle changes of colour so then became a little area too.  I  tried to use a different stitch for each area just as I would make different marks.

The colours are still not quite right, I've tried indoors and out.  There is much more contrast between the purples and green. For the moment I have turned it into a bag which I will use for the EG South East Area Day Tote challenge, I have made it so that it can be converted into a cushion later on.  It has taken me two months and I have to say I enjoyed every minute.  I would like to try it again sometime, either with stronger colours or  maybe in monochrome.

When I was chosing the material for the backing the salesgirl in John Lewis said "Well, the embroidery's quite RAW!".  I smiled sweetly and said "I think you mean FREE!". Everyone's a critic!!!

6 comments:

Emmy said...

I love it beautiful stitching a very good piece of work

Gina said...

Lovely subtle colour variations Pat. Beautiful "raw" embroidery!

Doreen G said...

Raw--Free-? me personally I think it is beautiful Pat

Stitchety Grub said...

Fabulous - Pat - great to see it in it's totality :-)
Britt :-)

Mermaid's Purse said...

Love this - beautiful stitching and colours!

Jackie said...

Love your slow cloth. I think the let it be idea has paid off.