Tuesday, February 02, 2010

It was a full day on Satuday at EG,   we were treated to a talk by Libby Smith, she took us through the inspirations for her work and brought a wonderful array of examples.  From large and small beaded tassels to fantasy shoes we were able to examine each in detail.  My favourite piece was an encrusted purse made in the shape of India (a source of much of her inspiration). I can't quite remember the phrase she used but it was something like "not quite goldwork" in other words she has used goldwork techniques but lots of others as well.  I forgot to ask if I could take a  photograph. We also had Neredah's Threads do delight the eye and dent the bank balance. (No web site I'm afraid). I managed in between things to put about 6 french knots on my Snowcloth.

My Snowcloth started here after I had vaguely maked out the ares of colour I realised that it was a bit like the way I start a doodle....idea!  So I am now gradually filling in the areas in the same way I would doodle, it is great fun working out which stitches to use to make the different fillings. 



The Darenth Valley was beautiful in the morning but I didn't have time to stop but on the way home I couldn't resist this

and this

and best of all



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your pictures, especially the one with the arch! Just beautiful!

Jackie said...

Those stitched pieces are beautiful as are your sunsets.

Heather said...

i'm glad I stopped by for a visit. I have enjoyed viewing your work. Thank-you.

Stitchety Grub said...

Love those pics Pat 'specially the last one :-)
Britt x

Seth said...

Looks like I am in the majority -- that last picture is a winner!