Sunday, October 11, 2009

Knitting and Stitching.......

Ally Pallly,..... MON












I have just had a wonderful two days, being almost brought to tears by the beauty of peoples work, sharing laughter with friends and people I have never met before, spending money on exciting things (some of which I will probably never use, or will have forgotten their purpose by the time I next look at them), gazing into books, which I hope will inspire me or teach me to do the things I yearn to do. In other words my annual treat at the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace. On the downside I completely failed to meet up with Lynda, Digital Gran and Clare (Clare,  I actually accosted someone thinking it was you but she turned out to be called Anne) but on the upside I was able to watch Maggie  constucting a Tibetan/Peruvian Hat? whilst holding about four different conversations (I bought the book) and I was able to confess to Dale how behind I was on the Holey Moley couse,  she extracted money from me for Moonshadow Mists and Merino Tops  in penance!!   Today I had a great time helping  Diana Springall steward the exhibition of "TheArt of theStitch", there were many wonderful appreciative comments of this exciting exhibition but I think the one that sums it up for me was "It must be good, everyone is smiling".The will be just one more chance to see it at the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate.    I didn't take photographs inside but this is the display in the entrance hall 

The view over London


and signs that Autumn is well under way.






1 comment:

Clare Wassermann said...

Hi there
I'm really sorry I missed you at the show yesterday - thanks for emailing me anyway. Wasn't it great though! xx