Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Right......

Time to stop writing posts in my head and to actually getting round to typing them...

I have been in a sort of limbo for one reason or another and I have been busy but first I am going right back to the summer.

If you look on Just Hands on TV (you have to sign on) in the video clips you can see the Soust East Area Day under Stitch Fest. Our (Sevenoaks) stand is at the end of the clip. The theme was Re-create Recycle, Re-invent, Embroidery for the 21st century. Our stand was called "Trash to Treasure" and we mixed the works of embroidery amongst re-cyclable items, including a gin bottle!! If you look on the back wall you can see the quilt I made from things that included DH's pyjamas, son's ties and daughters unwanted velvet dress. I have been meaning to put the pictures up ever since.

This is the completed quilt

and here are the individual panels







The original inspiration was, of course from Jude , the first panel was the one with the stange little dog and the flower, then it was going to be three pieces and then I was assured by my dear friends that I really need six! Fortunately the deadline for the show arrived before I could add more.

Looking forward to that annual treat the Knitting and Stitching Show. DV I will be there Thursday and Saturday. I have a little list.........which gets longer every day!

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

What a great idea Pat.
ps your postcard will be done today.

solange said...

It is charming. I love it.

jude said...

fabulous! how big is it?

Clare Wassermann said...

It's funny but over the last two days I have looked at this fabulous quilt on my phone because I couldn't get to a computer. I needed a magnifying glass but i couldn't resist keep coming back to it. Now i see it full size i love it. I am also being inspired by Jude at the moment - in fact i just bought one of her pieces and it arrived today!