Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A little distraction....

Have you noticed that when a piece of work is not going well, how easily you are distracted? I am having a teensy struggle with this months Calendar Girls subject. The picture is by Jann Arthus-Bertrand. Now, some years ago I was lucky enough to be given his wonderful book "the Earth From Above" by my son so it wasn't a difficult decision, when I started to struggle,to re-visit the book and before I knew where I was this appeared.
A mixture of needle felting and my favourite french knots. Heaven knows what I'm going to do with it but it was a fun distraction.
This is photograph on the cover of the book and you can see it here. His website is a little difficult to navigate but worth the effort.
Ah well back to the drawing board.....

1 comment:

Purple Missus said...

i like this - reminds me of a Kiwi fruit. :)