Thursday, October 30, 2008

Slow, slow, quick, quick slow........

Yes, I am totally addicted to Strictly Come Dancing but what I am talking about here is what I have been up to this week. Firstly I have been in a frenzy of making samples from the really exciting Fibre in-Form Textured surfaces online course. At the moment we are into preparing backgrounds here's what I have so far
You can make them quite quickly(apart from waiting for them to dry)so they are great fun and quite addictive and full of what if's.

This on the other hand is my slow cloth, I have been working on this for ages and the best bit is that I don't know where it's going. Inspired by Jude Hill of Spirit Cloth I wanted to make a little lap quilt for the chilly evenings,I wanted it to be slow so I made a chain stitch rose
and then my son gave me some undyed silk rods for my birthday and I made the door, "roses round the door" wouldn't go out of my head so here is the story so far

Now I have to fill in the gaps and the edges, full of ideas but like I said, this is a slow cloth, could be next wintwe before I have it finished.

I thought you might like to see my golf girls, they are already for Wear it Pink day tomorrow. They are very excited!!!!

6 comments:

gunnelsvensson said...

You have been busy :-) I like the white surface!

Doreen G said...

Great samples Pat--I agree once you start making them you can't stop.

jude said...

love your samples and your slow cloth adventures....

Tony Morris said...

Hi Pat,
SCD is fun but it gets a bit silly when each week the worst dancer is saved for comedic quality and someone better is voted out (it could also be Kristina's outfits, they would be missed!.
Tony

sharon young said...

What a thoughtful son you must have:-)
I love the rose quilt so far, it's so romantic.
You've been very busy with the FiF course, it all looks extremely interesting.
Lovely golf girls.

Purple Missus said...

I agree with Tony - I think JS is a really lovely man, but no good as a dancer. Will be such a shame if someone good goes out instead - like the farce last year when Penny Stewart and Gabby Logan did the dance off.
Austin Healey is my tip to win but I so wish Vincent could get there too, he is lovely. I'm afraid I am so addicted I watch it every night of the week!
Anyway, back to textiley things. You have more samples here than I have! Thanks for the plug.
And your 'Roses Round the Door' is going to look wonderfully shabby chic. :))