Sunday, September 14, 2008

Keep up girl.....

Still struggling to get back into the habit of blogging and creating. here is my Calendar Girls 2008 postcard for Val. This was the picture

I decided to go with the words and the coolour, I think we are all struggling a bit with the flowers. So what did I produce? Flowers!!! I made the little word plaque on fine aida and than painted the background satin and lace with koh-i-nor dyes. They were very dark when they were wet but came up these pastel shades when dry. So I decided to go with pretty and added the beads and the flowers.


Just caught up with what Purple Missus who has her usual bumper Sunday edition. Enough reading to keep me going all week, such fascinating experiments. The Maggie Grey who is tantalising about the new book. Sounds as though the whole experience is going to be really exciting. (My directory is disinigrating nicely) and lastly Sara Lechner had a link to the Mixed Nuts exhibition, what great fun this looks.

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

Very nice Pat and I agree about the flowers--thought I might mass produce the same card but change the colour for the last 4 of them then I wouldn't have to think about what to do :0)

Val said...

Beautiful card Pat - I love it, and thanks for all the thought and work that has gone into it.