Sunday, April 20, 2008

In the nick of time.......

I had arranged to meet my daughter to go to the theatre on Thursday, so I thought I'd just check to see if there was anything else I could do to (escape from decoratind!!!!). What luck, I hadn't realised that the "From Russia" exhibition was to end so soon. On Friday in fact. I queued for 45 minutes in the bitter cold but it was worth every minute. From among the many gems this was my favourite it just drew me across the room.

No copyright breach intended.
Our theatre visit was to "Hairspray".. What fun. I have had the CD for about three years and was a bit disappointed in the film so I was looking forward to this with mixed feelings. It was great. Michael Ball was terrific. The performance we saw was being signed for the deaf. What a woonderful skill this is. Not only did she sign but she sang all the words and did all the facial expressions as well. She had a resounding round of applause at the end.
Great escape day...back to the decorating tomorrow!!

2 comments:

sharon young said...

Hi Pat
What an amazing image, no wonder you were drawn to it, i take it this was on in London. It's difficult to see the media, is it oils?
Glad you had a great day out.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my commission post, it was a very special piece to create.
Happy decorating, I've been putting mine off for about 3 years now LOL

Anonymous said...

Love the picture. Can see why it blew you away. Makes me think of Mab, the Winter Queen of the Faerie.