Sunday, March 16, 2008

Match It for Pratchett........

In my last post I made a reference to Terry Pratchett, one of my all time favourite authors.I have laughed at his humour and admired his wisdom and his creation, Granny Weatherwax is my role model for my old age! In December he announced that he had been diagnosed with Alzheimers disease, a tragedy for anyone but for such an inventive mind as his....well as Granny herself would say..."Bugger". On Neil Gaiman's journal today I came across this link to Match it for Pratchett, which tells how you can donate to try to match the $500,000 Terry Pratchett has donated to Alzheimers research. This is an article in the Sun where he talks about the poor funding for such vital reasearch.

Could be a map of part of the Discworld but actually a kind lady at the EG brought me a piece of packaging which had been round some buttons and which she rescued from the waste paper basket because she thought I would like it. How kind. So I made her a couple of postcards to say thank you, just by printing parts of the card onto cotton and then adding a few stitches and buttons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Incredible as you say!!! I can't believe someone with such imagination should be diagnosed with such an illness!! A tragedy for all!!! My son and DH are great fans of his, and so am I in a lesser degree....

I'll go have a look at your links....

Sad day.