Sunday, November 04, 2007

That's what I call a good day out.........

which started with a visit to the London Graphic Centre for some(non)essential supplies, with just a short stop at the Bead Shop for some more(non) essentials I met my friend, who is also god mother to my daughter, for lunch. Lots of lovely catching up chat over lunch and then a quick trip to see the Mellon collection at the Royal Academy . The exhibition was just the right size and had many pieces which I liked, I wanted to stroke the Zebra by George Stubbs.

(Image from the RA website no breach of copyright intended.)
Also on display were books of prints and artists sketch books.
Outside the RA there is this amazing Three Legged Buddha by a Chinese Artist Zhang Huan, I only had time to take a couple of snaps as it was beginning to get dark but would like to go back and take more, as you can see there is a lot of detail and the copper colours are just yummy.



We then zapped across the road to Fortnum and Mason's, just because it's there, unfortuately the windows were being dressed for Christmas so there wasn't anything to drool over but I was told that they will be spectacular. We had tea, at a more modest establishment and then went to see Mary Poppins which is a truly delightful musical.
Lovely day!!

2 comments:

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
Your day out sounds like heaven! Great photos!
Susan

Unknown said...

Hi Pat, what a beautiful pictures, thanks soo much for you're lovely comments. I couldn't mail you back, because you're email is not known by Blogger, in that case I answer blogger. The size of the Houston quilts are 4 times the size of an A4 paper, or 4 journal quilts. This is the first time I visit you're blog and I am impressed, if it's alright I put it in my links. regards
Jacqueline