Thursday, February 01, 2007

Carried away by Chevron...

This weeks TAST stitch is Chevron Stitch, I really had to sit down with this one. When I came to try and draw it, being left handed and having to turn everything round and couldn't work out how to start.


I went to bed quite liking the ferris wheel idea but was thought it would end up a bit like week 1 herringbone. I then started to think Chevron,heraldry, middle ages, a bit more drawing and I am thinking a grille in a church and from there somehow lept to a church chest, garnets, treasure chest.So here we are.

I think I got a bit carried away but everything is chevron stitch except for the straight stitch on the righthand side of the chest and the three little stitches holding the lock in place.


I like this stitch a lot and will definitely play with it some more sometime.

Thank you to everyone who liked the picture my cats, bless them they are getting old, like me, my x-ray showed old age, I didn't know it showed on the inside as well!!!

10 comments:

Dy said...

Fantastic work, what a great idea. And the padlock really finishes it off - funny how the little things can have such impact eh. :-)

Gail said...

Pat,
The treasure chest is great, not only very pretty, but very creative too.

bibliotecaria said...

I love how you used the stitch to express not only the traditional pattern on the outside of the box but the amazing mixture inside it. It's a true treasure chest!

ACey said...

This is so awesome in the closeup! Can only imagine how much fun it was to work!

Misa said...

Wow! This is AWESOME! I think the lock really pulls the whole thing together. It looks very nice.

Doreen G said...

I like it Pat and you sure have put a lot of work into it.

Anonymous said...

Lovely, you have great imagination ! I'm sure the cats are inspiring you (just joking).
I admire the way you go from sketch to the real thing.

Vero

Digitalgran said...

Pat, that chest is stupendous. I'm afraid I never sketch my ideas before hand, but after seeing your work I think maybe it's time I did. Great.

Vivian said...

very clever use of chevron!

Vivian said...

very creative use of chevron stitch and the gold thread adds to the design of the chest