Friday, April 14, 2006

Fastrack to nowhere













We used to live in the country,

But now we live in the town.

We haven't moved,

The council came and tore the hedges down.

They came to build a fast track

To get from here to there.

But thanks to all the traffic lights

I'm not going anywhere..


Oh yes! I am an admirer of Dartford's Fastrack, they said it there would be a bus every ten minutes and indeed there is. I stopped at the traffic light to let one bus go by and 500 yards and ten minutes later I stopped at the next set of lights to let the next bus go by.

Why in heaven's name could they have not have moved traffic to one side of the road and the buses to the other instead of having them criss-crossing back and forth. We have suffered months of road works and disruption and now it seems the inconvenience is to continue for ever.

To get to my friends house (and almost antwhere else I go) I now have to go through eleven sets of traffic lights where formerly there were only four!!!!!!!! I am a punctual person and now I cannot ever set out from home and know that I will be on time........... and the Fastrack goes nowhere I want to be.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I love your blog and your outlook on life - you have a fun sense of humour, I can tell!

I agree about traffic lights, they are a pain. And I love the updated Mrs Beeton book - cheeky M&S.

Kari x