Thursday, March 23, 2006

Michelangelo


I went to the Michelangelo Drawing exhibition at the British Museum, it was wonderful to be able to get so close to the sketches just like looking over his shoulder as the audio guide said. But it raised the question, why when Michelangelo does a squiggle it looks like and eyebrow or a curl and when I do a squiggle....it looks like a squiggle. Lack of genius, perhaps???? I loved the way the sketches were often drawn almost on top of other as though he had grabbed whatever piece of paper was to hand. The most moving image for me was a tiny detail on one page which was the first sketch for what would eventually become the hand of God on the Sistine Chapel ceiling.


If anyone considers that I am infringing copywrite by scanning my leaflet please advise me and I will remove it.

No comments: